Table of Contents
- 1 BUYING MEAT ONLINE VS RAISING YOUR OWN RABBITS FOR MEAT
- 2 CONCLUSION
Rabbit meat is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and trace elements: High in vitamins B3 and B12, phosphorus, potassium and selenium. It contributes to a good balance of vitamins and minerals for daily dietary requirements. A slice of meat with an excellent balance of fatty acids and rabbit is richer in omega 3 than chicken or pork.
Rabbit meat with the many health benefits does not have a strong flavor and is comparable to chicken but not identical.
The meat has a high percentage of easily digestible protein. It contains the least amount of fat among all the other available meats. Rabbit meat contains less calorie value than other meats. Rabbit meat is almost cholesterol free and therefore heart patient friendly.
BUYING MEAT ONLINE VS RAISING YOUR OWN RABBITS FOR MEAT
1: BUYING FRESH HEALTHY RABBIT MEAT ONLINE
There is no cost and the responsibilities of raising the animal to maturity to get the meat which sometimes can be hectic and time-consuming. Buying online will be advantageous the meat is delivered to your door. The delivery of the rabbit meat is quick, and you do not have to travel to get the meat. This is really convenient for people who are held up by a full-time job
PROS OF BUYING RABBIT MEAT ONLINE
- No pressure from sellers as you end up buying what you need.
- Discreet purchases are easier.
- There are no crowds especially during weekends, festivals and holidays online shopping remains the best option.
- Easy price comparison from different sellers.
- More control of your shopping as there are no chances for the store’s inventory to dictate what you need.
- Convenience as you can shop at any hour of the day and also faster payments. It saves a lot of time.
- It’s also good as you can get an electronic record of the receipt of your purchase which makes record keeping much easier.
CONS OF BUYING RABBIT MEAT ONLINE
- Shipping problems and delays such as packages getting lost or delivered to the wrong address.
- Risk of fraud like credit card scams, phishing, hacking, identity theft etc.
- Doing all shopping online leads to less contact with the community; it’s good to get a change scenery, talk to real people
- Non-user friendly or complicated websites; some sites don’t offer good/correct information, have no support or proper contact information
- No sale assistant to help you with the various products. All you have is the words written about it on the site.
- Shopping online means less support for local sellers
- There’s a risk of spending too much time online doing shopping.
2: RAISING YOUR OWN RABBIT FOR MEAT
PROS OF RAISING YOUR OWN RABBIT FOR MEAT
- Starting your own rabbitry does not necessarily require a huge sum of money. In fact, many have started their own meat rabbit ventures with just a single pair of rabbits.
- Compared to other forms of livestock, rabbit maintenance is a lot simpler. Rabbits do not have special requirements for food as they can eat any green leafy vegetables or even pastures.
- Rabbits multiply quickly. It is fairly easy to raise and grow rabbits, as it is in their nature to breed and multiply. Starting with just a couple of these hares, you may be surprised to see their numbers grow in a year or two.
- Rabbit meat is lower in cholesterol than most of the meat products. This makes rabbit meat the ultimate superfood.
CONS OF RISING YOUR OWN RABIT FOR MEAT
- Most people consider rabbits as a domesticated animal. Encouraging them to eat rabbit meat can be very challenging as most people see rabbits more of a pet than as a food.
- Producing rabbit meat for sale can sometimes be costlier than buying other meat products in the market.
- Animal doctors that specialize in rabbit care are very rare. So getting help can sometimes be a challenge. It can also be costly to pay a vet when your rabbits get sick, which does happen along the course of a rabbit’s life.
Weather changes may affect rabbits easily. Rabbits are sensitive to heat and long bouts of hot and dry weather, which can make them uncomfortable. Cold weather can also be harmful to your rabbits. This is especially true if you do not have a secure habitat such as a weatherproof hutch to keep them safe and comfortable during this season.
Buying online comes with risk as much as raising your own rabbits to do. It is purely a matter of choice and if you have the skills and are comfortable with raising rabbits for meat you are not going to get fresher meat than that.
But if you are like me and just do not have the stomach to actually do what needs to be done to obtain the rabbit meat it is best to either shop online or support your local grocery shop that may carry rabbit meat.
Whichever way you decide to buy the meat make sure it is fresh and the grade you are paying for. Rabbit meat is one of the healthiest meats you can eat as such make sure that the rabbit meat you are buying has been fed on organic food, raised humanely and comes from a reputable stockist. You really do not want you super healthy meat to make you super sick due to it not being fresh!